There are many templates in use in Purity Wiki; these are only a subset, representing some of the most important and commonly used ones. If you feel that a template belongs on this page, do not hesitate to add it.
- Category:Templates should cover all templates in the wiki.
- The Template namespace (found from Special:AllPages) always has all templates in the wiki, sorted alphanumerically.
What are templates?
Wiki templates provide a means to insert the same content over and over in different (or the same) pages. This saves editors the hassle of duplicating the same text again and again, and also helps ensure consistency.
Templates are generally shown with the format required to use the template (e.g.
). Clicking the template name takes you to the template's page, where you can see what it looks like and how it is used.
Detailed instructions on the usage of each template should exist on:
- a subpage using
- the template page itself (inside "noinclude" tags); or
- the template's talk page.
For more information on templates, see Help:Templates.
Article management templates
Nominate an article for deletion
- Add this to an article to nominate it for deletion. It will add the article to Category:Candidates for deletion.
- If you have several articles that have similar or identical names, you may wish to create a "disambiguation" page at the main article name, with the articles taking an extra phrase in brackets afterwards. For example:
- The Prince <-- disambiguation page, with links to:
- The Prince (frog)
- The Prince (human)
disambig marks an article as a disambiguation page by adding a banner to the article and categorizing it under Category:Disambiguations. Add links to the various articles under the banner.
- For more information, see Help:Disambiguation.
General wiki templates
T is for template
- This template allows you to show example template code (with a link to the templates) without using the template itself. It is used extensively on this page.
Where you may find more templates
- Templates Wiki
- Wikipedia; may be copied with the proper acknowledgment, but some need tweaking to work properly on Wikia, so use a Wikia version if possible.